Saturday, January 24, 2009

What's New?

We had a meeting at IFP on Wednesday, January 21st. We decided we want to shoot the film on the two three-day weekends of March 20th and March 27th. It will be a six-day shoot.

We talked about clarifying contractual and insurance liability on the project. This primarily relates to signing the AFTRA contract and obtaining insurance certificates for the various locations and permits. We will have a conference call with Alex Rosenstein, the attorney helping on this project.

Mike Tabor has prepared a breakdown and will be providing copies to all of us in the near future. He has also gotten approval from Props on Wheels to let us use a process trailer/tow vehicle for the car scene. This is fantastic news!!

Dina Dainty has said she will do make up for us. Thank you so much Dina!!!

Mike confirmed that Jeff Stonehouse is still on for DP. He will keep Dave Schnack in the loop just in case something comes up at the last minute. Thanks Jeff and Dave.

Shelly and I have been working on locations. I just found a good one, I think, for Dr. Larson's house. The house is located in Stillwater. Below are some photos:

2 comments:

Fiestea said...

Hi Emily!
I am so excited that you are sharing your journey with "us".
I am older, myself, and have a huge dream about making movies, so thanks again for sharing!
I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on MCTC, cause I may look into that. My only reservation is that I have a BA (hist./geog) and don't know how useful an AS will be.
I have taken a screenwriting class with Bix @ the IFP and he is a hoot!
Carpe Diem!

Sarah Jean Kruchowski said...

Hello,

I guess I didn't see your comment until now, but I wanted to thank you for your interest.

I thought I got a fantastic filmmaking/screenwriting education at MCTC. Very professional, experienced, dedicated teachers and staff. A very good experience and I highly recommend it.

And Bix is great -- he was terrific at commenting and spotting issues in my short script.